To the Contract about the Customs code
Customs union accepted
By the decision of Interstate Council
The Euroasian economic community
( Supreme body of customs union)
At a level of the chapters of the states
From November 27, 2009 N 17
A r t i c l e 315.
Customs control of international mail
1. Postal operator at the request of the customs authority imposes international postage for customs inspection and customs clearance. The methods of such presentation are determined by the customs authorities.
2. Customs authorities do not require submission of the following types of imported postal items:
postcards and letters;
literature for the blind.
If there is sufficient reason to believe that in these mailings containing goods prohibited or restricted for import into the customs territory of the customs union, as well as customs inspection and customs clearance on the basis of selective or random checks customs authorities may require the production of these mailings.
3. Customs authorities may require the operator of postal communication bringing outward international mail, for which the customs authorities carry out customs inspection or rummage through selective or random checks.
4. International postage, which came into place (institution), international postal exchange in its damaged state, the discrepancy in weight, with a broken attachment or without the necessary supporting documents presented to customs authorities with an application instrument issued postal operator.
5. If discrepancies in numbers and in case of inadequacy of investments identified in the customs inspection of international mail, the employee postal service operator with a customs official, signed the act customs.
6. During customs inspection or customs clearance of goods sent by international mail, the customs authorities shall use the technical means of customs control.